The Cardiovascular Research Center (CVRC) of Rhode Island Hospital and Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University offers training opportunities for postdoctoral fellows, physician-scientists, graduate and undergraduate students . The CVRC offers a cardiovascular disease-focused research environment focusing on sudden cardiac arrest, cardiac arrhythmias, cardiac hypertrophy and heart failure.
CVRC offers a collaborative multidisciplinary research training program. The training environment includes:
- A weekly CVRC data club seminars with speakers on cardiovascular and other scientific topics (site)
- Joint weekly research seminars with the pulmonary program (site)
- CVRC-based biweekly introductory seminars for training in basic methodologies applied to the cardiovascular and pulmonary systems (site)
- Weekly laboratory research group meetings
- Close collaborative ties to other Research Centers within Brown University and its affiliated hospitals
- Access to shared facilities at Lifespan and Brown University (site)
Postdoctoral Training Opportunities
There are a wide range of postdoctoral opportunities within the CVRC, and prospective candidates are encouraged to contact Gideon Koren, Director of the CVRC, or the principal investigator(s) whose work interests them (site). Positions are funded either by grant funding to the Principal Investigators from the National Institutes of Health and the American Heart Association.